Sunday, September 11, 2016

Week three is complete- wholly cow this has flown!

This week was one of peace and thought development. Faced with the "why do we have to do this?" question a few times, I think I may have broken through to some of my kids. I know that Friday I walked away not feeling as confident with one young man in particular, but I do believe he will give me a chance to prove myself.

This week was full of spelling mistakes that the kids caught and helped me with (not sure where my mind was!) and grammar spoofs! I know this stuff- I really do! I guess it is what I get for not teaching it like this for years! Oh well- they love when I make the mistakes and they can fix it. Many told me it makes me human to them. I own up and the kids find it a relief. This being said, I am prepping a bit more to catch myself before they do! :)

The National Guard will be here on Monday for Juniors and The WPLS for Sophomores. I am flipping the reading day around and getting the rest of my foundation built for the year. It literally takes a full month to build, but I feel like it will be so worth all the effort and work in the end! The articles are almost finished- the writing process is about to commence. Then we will look at our novel projects and end this short week with a day of reading.

I have to say that I LOVE my kids! They are the best!

Hope this finds all in good health and facing an incredible week ahead!

"Teachers who love teaching teach children to love learning" ~Alan Sitomer, California Teacher of the Year


No comments:

Post a Comment